Covid-19 – weekly update
March 30 2020
As we adapt to these strange new circumstances, we hope that you are beginning to find some routine and ways to stay positive.
Todays message starts with a request to continue to follow the government guidance and stay at home. We know it’s hard, but it’s ultimately essential to minimising the impact of the pandemic on those in our community.
Although the last week has presented many challenges, it has been heartwarming to hear from so many people in our community who want to help those who are the most vulnerable. We want to use this week’s update to share what we’ve been doing, thank you for your support, and encourage you to keep up with all the good things you’ve been doing.
Some of the positives we have seen and been a part of over the last week:
- 1200 Camden volunteers have signed up to support others in their community. We are working with other local organisations to coordinate this volunteer support and ensure that all of the food and resources are reaching those who most need them.
- We’ve supported 50 local older people through our Doorstep Help programme.
- Our telephone befriending service is growing by the day.
- Lots of people have been getting involved with our online apArt Club programme of creative activities. It’s been wonderful to see all of your responses to our daily activities, and to see some of you on Zoom.
- The response to Clap for the NHS last Thursday evening was overwhelming in Holborn, thank you to everyone who came out and joined in.
We have come together and made great progress in the last week, but we still have more to do.
If you are interested and able to volunteer to support your local community please sign up here: https://help.timetospare.com/camden
Thank you again for your support,
Paul and the team at HCA.