Trip to Southbank Centre for 8-18 years – Among the Trees
Enter a forest of art, formed through sculptures, installations, drawings, paintings and photographs!
Calling 8-18 year olds to join us on a free half-term trip to the Southbank Centre on Friday 30th October to see multi-media art exhibition Among the Trees
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. To be put on the waiting list, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Young person full name
- Young Person date of birth
- Parent/carer contact phone number and email
- Young person borough of residence
Keeping safe from Covid 19
We have made sure that our activities are as safe as possible, and with that in mind will be asking young people to follow the following rules whilst taking part:
- All participants must pre book and sign in when they arrive at the session.
- All participants must wear masks when walking around the venue.
- All participants must try to stay socially distanced as much as possible and follow leaders instructions carefully.
- All participants must use hand sanitising gel at the beginning and end of the event.
- If you, or any member of your household, have symptoms of coronavirus please DO NOT attend the trip.
About the exhibition
In works in different media, 37 artists explore how trees – with lifespans much longer than our own – challenge how we think about time, and consider how intimately entangled they are with human affairs.
From a monumental sculpture cast from a 2,000-year-old olive tree by Ugo Rondinone, a cinematic portrait of a 30-metre-high spruce tree by Eija-Liisa Ahtila to a vast forest of trees constructed entirely from cardboard by Eva Jospin.
Among the Trees transports us around the world, from Colombian rainforests and remote Japanese islands to olive orchards in Israel and a 9,550-year-old spruce in Sweden.
At a time when the destruction of the world’s forests is accelerating at a record pace, see the natural world through new eyes on a walk through the woods, real and imagined.
Login If you already have an account with us, please click here to log in. If you would like to set up an account and keep a record of your bookings, click here. Otherwise, please continue as a guest.
This event is fully booked.