Media Arts Club – Spoken Word & Digital Arts (Online)
We are delighted to be continuing our partnership with October Gallery on our spring term program, where young people will work with a professional songwriter, Joe Mbala to construct their own verses, poems and spoken word and then work with proffesional filmmaker/animator, Sophie Burrows to record and visualise their writing into films or digital artworks.
Sessions will explore songwriting and poetry techniques, offering a chance to develop skills in photography, video-making and audio recording through free online applications to reflect our time in and out of lockdown.
All work produced on the project will be showcased at October Gallery’s public exhibition ‘Apart Together’, alongside other young artists.
- Young person full name
- Young Person date of birth
- Parent/carer contact phone number and email
- Young person borough of residence
Keeping safe from Covid 19
We have made sure that our activities are as safe as possible, and with that in mind will be asking young people to follow the following rules whilst taking part:
- All participants must pre book and sign in when they arrive at the session.
- All participants must wear masks when walking around the venue.
- All participants must try to stay socially distanced as much as possible and follow workshop leaders instructions carefully.
- All participants must use hand sanitising gel at the beginning and end of the workshop.
- If you, or any member of your household, have symptoms of coronavirus please DO NOT attend the workshop.
Login If you already have an account with us, please click here to log in. If you would like to set up an account and keep a record of your bookings, click here. Otherwise, please continue as a guest.
Bookings are closed for this event.